Can't rename files in Linux Mint using Nemo

TL;DR: I installed Zoom which brought ibus in as a dependency. During a dist-update ibus was set to my main input method and it doesn’t work well (for me). Use the Input Method app to set the input method back to XIM and restart the display manager. Background: I’m running Linux Mint 17.1 and I recently experienced the same issue described in this thread: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=171086. Basically, I could press F2 to rename a file using Nemo, the out-of-the-box file manager but then I typing would have no effect.

Xtend 2.8.2, Java 8 and .sort()

Background Warning: this post could probably be countered with a simple RTFM! But for those who are Googling for this, I hope it helps. Today I tested out how our Xtend 2.8 code that works in Java 7 would go in a Java 8 JDK. For the most part it was ok but one problem that we experienced was related to sorting collections. We had code like: val someCustomerComparator = .

Loading TDB data into Apache Fuseki

Background I’m working with Apache Jena and Apache Fuseki (v2.3.1) at the moment and today I had the need to load more than one lot of data into Fuseki on start up. I thought I needed an assembler file, and I probably could’ve used one, but I’ve ended up using config file for Fuseki. I was Googling for ‘example Fuseki config files’ to get up and running quickly but didn’t find anything so it’s my hope that others can use this blog post to get a TDB data directory loaded into Fuseki using a config file quickly.

Fixing "XMLGregorianCalendarImpl is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release"

Background: I wrote some code that required an XMLGregorianCalendar so when I poked around with code completion, the first thing I found was a constructor on com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl. This got my code working but when you build with Maven, you get given a warning (and rightly so): XMLGregorianCalendarImpl is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release The fix: The correct way to get something that conforms to the XMLGregorianCalendar interface is to call this factory:

Page 2 of 4